The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago provides this Web site as a convenience to its customers, depository institutions and the public. By using this Web site or the information, data or materials available on this Web site ("information") you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions set forth on this Web site. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without notice. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use this Web site. Consent to Monitoring The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago monitors this Web site. By using this Web site, you expressly agree to such monitoring and you are advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago will provide the evidence to law enforcement officials. Web Site Use Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to defeat or circumvent security measures or to utilize this site for other than its intended purpose are prohibited.
Web Site Notification Service
By subscribing to one of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's e-mail notification or subscription services via this Web site, you agree to waive any claim against the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago for any messages that you may receive by reason of your subscription to this service and/or any resultant harm to you and/or your computer from receipt of such messages. You also authorize the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago to maintain your name and contact information in its files and continue to send you e-mail notifications until you provide the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago with an e-mail, in accordance with the procedures detailed in the e-mail notification, indicating that you wish to unsubscribe to the service.
Information on This Web Site
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago takes reasonable measures to ensure the quality of the information made available on this Web site; however, it cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago may periodically update the information, but makes no commitment to do so. Any conclusions that users draw from the information presented or provided are his or her own conclusions and are not to be attributed to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. The views expressed in various publications, working papers or elsewhere on this Web site do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or of the Federal Reserve System.
Links to External Web Sites
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago & Money Smart Week may provide various links to Web sites outside of this site (hereafter "external Web sites") as additional resources for its users. External Web sites may also link to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Web site (external Web sites that link to this Web site or that are linked to by this Web site shall be referred to as "linked Web sites"). Linked Web sites are not under the control of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Linked Web sites may contain material that is protected under copyright or other laws with restrictions on use. You acknowledge and agree that your use of any third-party software, external Web sites (including linked Web sites) or other links is solely at your own risk. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago makes no warranty, express or implied, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any information or material that is available on any linked Web sites or other external Web sites or any third-party software on any external Web sites (including linked Web sites). Neither inclusion of links to external Web sites nor external Web site's inclusion of links to this Web site constitute or imply the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's sponsorship, endorsement, recommendation or approval of the sites, the entities or organizations managing the sites, any views expressed on the sites or any products or services offered on or through the sites.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago does not warrant that any information contained on this Web site does not defame any individual or entity or infringe upon any individual's or entity's rights of privacy or publicity. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago provides no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, title, quality and non-infringement of any information on this Web site. All information, data and materials are provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special or consequential damages or any other kind of damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, or attorney's fees) that are in any way due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with the use or performance of, or inability to use information available from this Web site, regardless of whether the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
This Web site is controlled and operated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago from its offices in the United States of America. By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that this Web site will only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. If you use this site from other locations you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws.
Copyright, Trademark and Other Proprietary Materials on the Web Site
This Web site contains copyrighted materials, trademarked materials and other proprietary information, including without limitation, text, software, graphics, logos and buttons that are the property of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or third parties ("proprietary materials"). Except as provided in this legal notice, to utilize these proprietary materials, written permission must be obtained from the owner(s) of the rights in the proprietary materials.
Use of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Copyrighted Materials
Most materials created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, whether they contain a copyright notice or not, are protected from unauthorized use by copyright law. To utilize those materials in which the copyright is owned by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, permission must be granted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago hereby grants permission to reproduce written materials in which the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago owns the copyright, provided that reproduction is not for the purpose of private and/or commercial gain and the materials are appropriately credited to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. If you wish to utilize Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago copyrighted materials in any other way, such as republication or distribution, you must contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and obtain its written permission to do so. To utilize materials in which the copyright is owned by a third party, you must contact that third party. Use of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Name The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago does not permit the use of its name in advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service or for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise.
Federal Reserve Bank Trademarks and Service Marks
Trademarks and service marks owned by the Federal Reserve Banks may not be used without express written permission from the owner of the mark.
• Money Smart Week is a registered service mark of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
• Chicago Fed IBEX is a registered service mark of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Other marks which may appear on this Web site are owned by one or more Federal Reserve Banks. More information about them is located on the Federal Reserve Financial Services (FRFS) Web site (external). Other product names and company names referenced on this Web site may be either trademarks or service marks of their respective companies. Permission to use any marks of third parties must be obtained from those third parties. External Web Sites External entities may link to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago without obtaining written permission provided they comply with the following requirements:
- The entity linking to the site must not create a frame or a border environment around the site.
- The entity linking to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Web site must clearly indicate that the link directs the user to an external or offsite link and is not part of the linking entity's Web site.
- The entity linking to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or Money Smart Week Web Site must not alter, block or otherwise prevent the display of any content of this Web site.
- The entity linking to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Web site does not misrepresent any association or affiliation with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago nor does the entity state or imply any sponsorship, endorsement, recommendation or approval of the entity, its Web site or its products or services by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- For searching purpose, the entity linking to the site must specifically refer to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago by its full name, "Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago." By including a link to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or Money Smart Week Web site on its site, a third party agrees that upon request by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago at any time for any reason, the third party shall immediately remove the link from its Web site.
You may visit this Web site without providing any personal information about yourself. You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you subscribe to our publications or mailing lists, send us questions through e-mail, answer our user surveys, register for an event or participate in our on-line activities. Personal information provided voluntarily through this Web site may be used to help us tailor our Web site, publications and services to our users' needs.
Collection of Personal Information
We may perform analyses on our server's log files to determine, among other things:
• Our site's most popular pages
• The browsers and operating systems most often used by our visitors
• The sites and search engines that have referred visitors to our site
• The domains from which our users visit us
These analyses are used only for the purpose of helping us understand and better meet our audience's needs. Such analyses do not involve personal information. When you fill out our on-line forms, they may be delivered to a Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago e-mail address or database. Your on-line communications are not encrypted. We cannot guarantee the security of the information sent electronically, whether submitted via on-line form or e-mail. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago monitors this Web site for unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to defeat or circumvent security measures or to utilize this site for other than its intended purposes. By using this Web site, you expressly consent to such monitoring, and you are advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, we will provide such evidence to the appropriate law enforcement officials.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Generally, personal information collected via this Web site is for Federal Reserve & Money Smart Week use only. We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission.
- When we retain the services of other Federal Reserve Banks, outside agents or third parties under contract with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Such personal information is only provided to, and is only used by, those parties in conjunction with the services they provide to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- When we are required to disclose personal information about you, or a company with which you are associated, to government officials or otherwise as required by subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other legal obligations or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against claims.
- When we investigate, prevent or take action against illegal activities or suspected fraud.
Safeguarding Personal Information
The safeguarding of personal information is important to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. While we endeavor to maintain the security of personal information in our possession, we cannot guarantee such security. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is in no way responsible for the security of personal information or any other information provided by you while the information is being communicated to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago via this Web site, through e-mail or otherwise. Nor is the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago responsible for safeguarding information that you provide to a third party.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago takes your privacy very seriously. It is important to to know that we never send e-mail requesting customers to reply in the body of an e-mail with personal information such as password, social security number, account numbers, or mother's maiden name.
Types of E-Mail Communications
We strive to send you e-mail communications that are informative and relevant, but also appreciate that you are in the best position to evaluate the appropriateness of our communications to you. Generally, the types of e-mail communications the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago will send to you include, but are not limited to, transactional/relationship e-mails and marketing-related e-mails. You may also receive separate electronic communications from other Federal Reserve Bank entities. Any modifications you make to your subscription preferences for communications received from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago will not change or otherwise impact your subscription preferences for communications from other Federal Reserve Bank entities. Please respond as directed by the sending entity to modify your subscription.
How We Collect Information
Through E-mail Communications E-mail communications sent to you by the Federal Reserve Banks may contain web beacons within the email messages. The web beacons are one-pixel transparent images that collect identifiable information to determine which e-mails are opened and acted upon so we can provide more relevant content or offers in the future.
This Web site is not directed toward children under the age of 13, nor does the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information obtained via this Web site about children under the age of 13. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us on-line, we will only use that personal information to respond directly to the child, notify parents or seek parental consent. Minor children should always obtain parental consent before releasing information to this or any Web site.
This Web site contains links to other Web sites. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Other Considerations We may from time to time provide a discussion group, Web log "blog" or forum. Please remember that information you submit in connection with such a feature will be publicly viewable and not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that information will be collected and used by others.
Photo and Video Disclaimer
Money Smart Week (“MSW”) and MSW Partner organizations intend to take photographs and video/audio recordings at MSW Events (“MSW Event”). By attending a MSW Event, attendees grant MSW the right to use their name, title and likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any photographs and video/audio recordings. MSW Event attendees also acknowledge and agree that MSW has and will have complete ownership of such photographs and video/audio recordings, including any copyrights and may use, reproduce, license or distribute them, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, distributing edited or unedited versions to other MSW Partner organizations for their unrestricted use. MSW and the MSW Partner organizations may use the photographs and video/audio recordings in any publications, broadcasts, multimedia presentations, websites, or any other media now known or later developed. MSW Event attendees shall have no claim against MSW or any other person, corporation or other business entity by reason of such use of their name, title, likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance and they release MSW and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.
Etiquette & Community Rules
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s Money Smart Week Community. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, members of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s Money Smart Week Community, or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago we will take all appropriate action.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.